Title: Landscape Manager
Location: Columbus, OH
Reports to: Operations Manager
Landscape Manager Description:
Manager shall perform a variety of tasks that will drive increased profitability and employee engagement while maintaining our core values of safety, quality, industry expertise and customer satisfaction. Manager will train and develop staff. Manager will fill in as labor hands whenever staffing is deficient. Ensures equipment breakdowns are scheduled and delivered for repairs. Manages employee attendance, safety compliance and job completions. Ensuring record keeping is completed and is in compliance. Provides courteous interactions with clients and staff while performing all duties.
Landscape Manager Responsibilities:
- Follows all state driving laws, company policies, and OSHA safety regulations.
- Verifies and ensures appropriate record keeping methods are accurate and timely recorded.
- Updates and creates GPS trip data for route manifest.
- Verifies and ensures all equipment is cleaned, maintained and stored properly.
- Ensures storage units are neat, clean and organized.
- Manages credit card receipts and methods for compliance.
- Coordinates and organizes supplies at job sites.
- Writes team schedules and adjusts time discrepancies.
- Verifies projects are completed as indicated on project forms.
- Ensure all training and team meetings are scheduled and completed.
- Conducts new hire interviews and orientation.
- Shall perform other duties as needed.
- Ensure employees are following safety protocols.
- Addresses customers’ concerns.
- Manages employee attendance adherence.
- Manages employee performance reviews.
- Ensures equipment is maintenanced as required.
- Manages landscaping/ maintenance job execution, deliverables and labor hours.
Landscape Manager Qualifications:
A valid driver’s license with no more than 3 points is required. Must have a strong ability to drive pickup trucks that pull trailers. Be able to walk at a brisk pace. A minimum of 2 years of management experience in landscaping/ lawn care. We strongly recommend having an associate’s degree for consideration. Ability to create and share word documents. Strong verbal communication is required. Ability to use email as primary written communication with strong spelling, email etiquette and technical writing. Ability to resolve conflicts with personnel across the organization including clients. A strong working knowledge of Google documents is required. Able to create and implement file organization in google cloud systems. Able to construct, organize and facilitate meetings with talking points and agendas. Must have a working knowledge and basic ability to navigate various mobile platforms i.e Garmin and Android. Able to inspire subordinates and lead by example. Ability to physically help complete field jobs as needed. Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 50 pounds. Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
This position is salary and requires a 50 hour work week. Work is 80% managing staff directly in the field and 20% administrative. We offer a structured incentive plan that rewards achievement for specific individual and company objectives.