Title: Maintenance personnel
Location: Columbus, OH
Reports to: Field Manager
Summary of Position
Grasshuggers is a residential lawn care and landscape company seeking passionate and self-motivated landscapers to provide services to our residential clients.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Working with a small team or independently to provide timely landscaping maintenance services for our residential clients.
- Safely driving standard trucks to service destinations with materials needed to perform landscaping and lawn care services
- Maintaining company tools, equipment and vehicles to stay organized, clean, functional and accounted for
- Utilizes Garmin GPS in vehicle dash navigation and mobile field data collection and time entry platforms
- Grasshuggers is a drug free workplace. Salary is dependent on experience and expertise.
- Provides courteous interactions with all members of the organization
- Other duties as required to provide exceptional service to our clients
- 1 year experience in landscaping, including installation of plant materials, basic plant identification and general landscape maintenance (pruning, edging, mulching, weeding) or 1 year experience in mowing and trimming lawn areas
- Strong ability to communicate verbally and in writing over email and text
- Clean driving record and ability to operate small machinery, passenger trucks with attached trailers
- Self-motivation, problem-solving capabilities, attention to detail, and ability to take direction are essential
- Professional appearance and attitude when working with clients and members of the organization.
- Punctuality, dependability, and reliability are vital
Candidates must be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 60 pounds. Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours). Must be able to use mobile android platforms for time clock, data collections and navigation systems.
Flexibility is required due to the summer heat and rain. We may require you to start your shift later than expected or stay later than expected to catch up from weather delays. When accounts are behind it will be necessary to work Saturdays. We offer a structured incentive plan that rewards achievement for specific individual and company objectives.