Title: Operations Manager
Location: Columbus, OH
Reports to: CEO
Summary of Position:
Shall perform a variety of tasks that will drive increased profitability and employee engagement while maintaining our core values of safety, quality, industry expertise and customer satisfaction. Will train and develop managers to successfully meet service objectives. Drives positive company culture across all levels of the organization. Coordinates, organizes, and verifies service objectives are completed. Creates, implements and manages productivity and efficiency of service systems. Provides estimates for services. Initiates pleasant and courteous initial and post customer interactions. Manages customers reviews. Recruits, interviews and hires managers and employees. Provides labor whenever manager staffing is deficient. Manages equipment repairs with outside facilities. Manages unit labor hours and job cost.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follows all state driving laws, company policies, and OSHA safety regulations.
- Verifies and ensures appropriate record keeping methods are accurate and timely recorded.
- Create efficient service routes using mapping tools.
- Provides client estimates by physical evaluation and measurements.
- Trains and develops managers with performance reviews.
- Manages record keeping procedures.
- Coordinates and organizes supplies at job sites.
- Writes managers schedules and adjusts time discrepancies.
- Manages and verifies projects are completed.
- Manages all training and company meetings.
- Sources materials needed for job sites.
- Conducts new hire interviews and orientation.
- Shall perform other duties as needed.
- Actively creates, implements and verifies safety protocols.
- Addresses and resolves customers’ concerns.
- Manages landscaping/ maintenance job execution, deliverables and labor hours.
A valid driver’s license with no more than 3 points is required. Must have a strong ability to drive pickup trucks that pull trailers. Be able to walk at a brisk pace. A minimum of 2 years of management experience in landscaping/ lawn care. We strongly recommend having an associate’s degree for consideration. Ability to create and share word documents. Strong verbal communication is required. Ability to use email as primary written communication with strong spelling, email etiquette and technical writing. Ability to resolve conflicts with personnel across the organization including clients. A strong working knowledge of Google documents is required. Able to create and implement file organization in google cloud systems. Able to construct, organize and facilitate meetings with talking points and agendas. Must have a working knowledge and basic ability to navigate various mobile platforms i.e Garmin and Android. Able to inspire subordinates and lead by example. Ability to physically help complete field jobs as needed. Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 50 pounds. Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
This position is salary and requires a 50 hour work week. Work is 60% managing staff directly in the field and 40% administrative. We offer a structured incentive plan that rewards achievement for specific individual and company objectives.